Saturday, June 21, 2008

evening cocktail party with the cows

view2
cows more cows
We were invited to a wonderful Birthday Party at a local farm with a fantastic view of the sunset on one of the longest days of the year. Not shown is the patio with lavender and peonies in full bloom, women in cocktail dresses, and wait staff with platters of appetizers and wine glasses. A flock of plump Buff Orpington hens were scratching and 17 Belted Galloway cows calmly chewed in the pastures. Idyllic is the word, I believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy!

I have been reading your blog for about 2 years (spring/summers)now, and just about died when I saw the picture above. I do believe we were at the same place on June 21, though I was a neighbor there for the event earlier the same day. I'd been waiting to meet these neighbors for a while. As I told them both, having them as neighbors has made it such a pleasure to live in this part of town.

If you are ever up in this area again, they have our number, as I left it for a delivery of manure to compost for next year and beyond. I adore your garden blog and perhaps we'll meet someday.

And, isn't their view the most gorgeous you have ever seen? We live a half mile up the road from this most delightful farm.

kathy said...

Wow, its small world. My parents live up there too, over on the other side of town.

I wish I lived close enough to get a manure delivery, but we are too far away. Not so many cow farms in where I live.