Friday, June 20, 2008

Belmont Victory Gardens on longest day of the year

4
3 13
6 8
18

Our community gardens are beautiful right now. All of the 100-plus plots have been filled this year and there are so many active gardens. A lot of work has gone into these.

Yesterday Skippy and I wandered through the overgrown and rocky paths and took many photos of the plots. No sense in showing just my garden with so many other nice ones around! They look nice viewed as a slide show (June Victory Garden slide show).

By the way - tomorrow the local Boy Scout Troop will be doing work on our paths! They will remove rocks, bushes and debris from the paths so the mower can get through. I'll see if I can get some photos of the project.

Belmont Victory Garden

5 comments:

Bren Haas said...

Thanks for sharing the veggie garden photos. You gave me some great ideas next year layout. I hope to blog about my veggie garden layout very soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I got some ideas from those pictures too. I saw some old wood framed windows that were probably used as cold frames for seed beds. great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. I have added your blog to my blogroll.

Matron said...

I wish I was there! I just love wandering round other people's vegetable patch! I hope Skippy enjoyed himself too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!