Monday, September 14, 2009

harvest celebration plans

seed swap
I posted a new sign on my gate today. (My son says no one will ever read all that.) But maybe they'll read the free food part.

I'm really excited that Gretta Anderson, a farmer from Shared Harvest CSA, will come a speak. Her topic will be "Late Blight: Sharing the collective experience of local organic growers this summer". I can't wait to hear what she has to say. (I may FliP and post it, if she doesn't mind.)

I got a fantastic box of free seeds in the mail today. From Botanical Interests. Out-of-date seeds. Beautiful packages. They donated 65 packages of all different types. I'll hand them out to everyone and they can swap if they want.

I heard rumors that gardeners are saving big zucchinis for the giant vegetable contest! I wonder how big a zucchini can get? I'm hoping my big pumpkin will win. I thought I had a good chance until this afternoon I spotted a really big pumpkin in a nearby plot - much bigger than mine. Oh well.

2 comments:

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi,meant to say in my note to you that it is great you have got a speaker too, good for you. I am sure it will be a brilliant event.
Marian(LondonUK)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing/hearing how this goes! Your ideas and fun never cease.