Sunday, December 28, 2008

my best photos of the year

The end of the year is a good time to review and reminisce. I'll put together a few things - probably a list of the best and worst crops from my 2008 vegetable garden, my best photos, a composite of my favorite photos, my most viewed and my favorite post(s).

Here are my most popular 2008 photos:

Microsoft PowerPoint - Vegetable garden plan 2009b pussy willows
aerial red russian kale
home garden July 14, 2008 me and skippy
garden sign my community plot - view from the gate

The garden photos have mouse-overs. From the top, these photos received the following number of views: 504, 451, 437, 333, 313, 306, 300 and 232.

And here's my all time most popular photo - yours truly in his hat (taken Nov 2007) - with a grand total of 746 clicks! Yippee Skippy!

red sox fan

8 comments:

Matron said...

Ah yes! and a rightful winner too! Isn't it strange that we try to blog about growing vegetables in our garden and the most popular photos (for me too!) are those of our faithful friends! Come and see what Buddy was wearing for Christmas!!

Amy said...

Your pussy willow photo in incredible! I can see why your faithful doggy friend would get the most views though :)

Amy

Raph G. Neckmann said...

I love the photos, and the snow ones also, which look almost ethereal. You grow some really interesting vegetables!

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, but it bears repeating - your skills with the camera are impressive! The winter ones especially are so dramatic. I see why they got so many views :-)
And the #1 - those eyes and that look can't be beat. Hugs to Skippy.

Kateri said...

I love your photos! The pussy willow is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Everybody loves to look at Skippy! I'm partial to the overhead view of your home garden and the view of your community garden plot. There's a lot to look at in those.

kathy said...

The pussy willow is in my back yard - right under my dining room window. Maybe I'll get another shot of it this spring. Its a scrawny little bush with nice big catkins.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Skippy is such a handsome dog. I like to drop by your page just to see the pictures you post of him. (Even if he is a Red Sox fan ... I come from Dodger territory.)

I wanted to say thanks for adding my blog to your page and also alert you that I changed its URL. If you get a chance I would really appreciate if you could update your roll. Thanks again!

OH! One other thing ... I'm always on the look-out for guest bloggers and was wondering if you might be interested in writing a guest garden blog on the Washington Home & Garden site. Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
Nikki

http://www.whgmag.com/290-gardens-n-gardening/