This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

the gray before the storm

gray fields

I hear Boston has some weather moving in. This may be the last of our brown and gray fields. We didn't get last week's ice storm - only rain. But we're expecting 2 inches of snow tonight, another 6 on Friday and then a third storm on Sunday .....


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my daughter and husband will be getting the moving truck packed at the right time!

Kathy, I really enjoy your blog. I first picked it up because my daughter was in college in Boston and I wanted to see how you were gardening up there. The daughter is finished with school and moving to Tennessee, but I will continue to follow your blog for the quality info, good pictures and the cute dog!


December 17, 2008 8:27 AM

Blogger kathy said...

Good timing!

I bet Tennessee is a great climate for gardening.

December 17, 2008 7:22 PM

Blogger Central FLA Gardener said...

pretty in its own way...

December 17, 2008 8:19 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tennessee is good for gardening. The rest of the family lives in SC now, but there used to be a wonderful farmers market in Memphis. We'll see how well the daughter does in Nashville. We did find a promising looking farmer's market there. She won't have space available for more than a container garden or two for the time being.

December 17, 2008 9:01 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden