This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

giant belgium tomatoes

giant belgium tomato

A real prize! Two Giant Belgium tomatoes are ripe on the vine. Looks like this plant will only produce 3 or 4 fruits this year. They are bigger than last year's and very meaty and sweet.



Blogger Michelle said...

Those are gorgeous!

September 08, 2009 11:42 AM

Blogger Toni said...

So pretty! They would be so delicious on a sandwich... oh my... my mouth is watering! Enjoy!

September 08, 2009 12:19 PM

Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Great, am trying to source the Kalabash over here. Looked at Johnny's seeds terrific and informative website but the import details although necessary I know, but mind blowing. I will look this Giant Belgium up too in UK suppliers.

On the moon front, if you have a clear sky there this evening you are in for a treat, the moon rose over my garden around an hour ago (9.10 p.m.)and although waning it is bright in a star filled sky, one of the best star filled skies this Summer.
Marian (LondonUK)

September 08, 2009 5:15 PM

Blogger Salix said...

Your Giant Belgium are beautiful. Doesn't look like the late blight did much damage?

September 08, 2009 10:38 PM

Blogger Salix said...

Hi Kathy
Your blog is followed by so many people, enjoying your beautiful garden and advice.
I have nominated you for a MeMe Award. If you are up to it, the details and rules are at my blog.

September 08, 2009 11:09 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Salix, The blight hasn't found this one Giant Belgium plant yet. It did kill a couple others early this year.

Thanks for the Meme award. I'll do a revealing post soon.

September 09, 2009 6:35 PM

Blogger Bren said...

This tomato looks amazing! Great job at capturing it's beauty. I have been busy harvesting and canning my tomatoes. Please stop by and take a look at all the work we have done this season.

Happy Gardening!

September 11, 2009 10:19 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden