Sunday, July 22, 2007

zucchini search


This is 39 second action thriller video where the gardener searches the dark and dangerous underworld of a squash bed in search of a lurking zucchini. I won't reveal the final ending, but its almost as exciting as the last few pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Well, to a fanatic gardener anyway...

At some point in the video, you can see the white cheesecloth I wrapped around one or two of the squash stems. This is a non-chemical experiment to protect from squash vine borers, which are always a problem for me. I only wrapped a couple just because I never got around to doing the rest. I'm curious to see if the wrapped ones do better.


Cucurbita pepo (squash)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter, who read HP#7 in 12 straight hours, agrees Skippy's nose is good and your zucchini well hidden! We enjoyed the video.

kathy said...

Wow. I think 12 hours must be a record! (I just read the website that summarizes what happens to whom 'cause I wanted to know if the bad guy or the good guy won in the end.)