This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

garlic scapes!

I guess I was wrong about my garlic. A couple weeks ago I concluded they weren't going to make scapes. But look! Scapes. Better late than never.

(Boundary Garlic Farm has good garlic growing info.)

Allium sativum



Anonymous Patrick said...

I was at the garden yesterday, and there were still more scapes! I guess some varieties of garlic are later than others.

July 07, 2007 2:48 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

I must have a very late variety - whatever it is. Next year (actually later this year) I will have to look into varieties that are good for my area.

July 07, 2007 9:20 PM

Blogger makhappy522 said...

When did you cut the scapes off?

June 03, 2009 6:37 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Cut them off when they get curled all around - like in the picture.

June 03, 2009 9:04 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden