This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Friday, September 26, 2008

wet garden

wet garden aerial

Nothing but rain in sight in our forecast. I hope my garden doesn't float away. But then there's not very much left in it anyway.

I have some great kale, which I am really enjoying. A few tomatoes and peppers trickle in. I am just now starting to pick a small planting of green beans. A few fall shell beans are ripening too. I have some odd radish I'll have to hardest and try soon. I have parsley and garlic chives. And my gourds are still growing. I planted a lot of fall greens, lettuce and other things, but its not really growing. (I bet I should have fertilized - I forgot this.) And I also have my four apples ready to pick on the little tree just to the left of this photo. I'm looking forward to eating these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden