This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

basil harvest

basil harvest

I like a nice big garbage bag full of basil at the end of summer. This one should get us through the winter with plenty of pesto.

basil (Ocimum basilicum)



Blogger Parsec said...

An amazing harvest! How abundant!

September 14, 2008 2:19 AM

Blogger gaga said...

What a great harvest!

September 14, 2008 4:50 PM

Blogger victoria T. said...

Boy! You've got alot more Basil than I do--and I've got alot!!!


September 13, 2009 12:20 PM

Blogger kathy said...

HI Mom!

I'm so glad you got a computer of your own!!! I'm so excited to see comments from you!

I was planning to harvest this year's crop today, but it doesn't look like I'll get around to it. (I've been working all day.) Its a big job to process all that basil. Maybe tomorrow.

love, Kathy

September 13, 2009 4:03 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden