Thursday, June 18, 2009

wok cooking

garlic scapes in wok
garlic scape noodles wok meal

Encouraged by my pretty little bok choy, I have taken up wok cooking. I think this will be my preferred method this summer. So versatile:

- only one pot to clean
- I like to see everything cut up and laid out ahead of time
- QUICK!
- delicious

My Mom gave me this recipe:

sliced pork lion
chopped garlic (I used scapes)
cooked thin spaghetti noodles
chopped greens (bok choy or cabbage)
chopped carrots
chopped onions
cilantro
peanut oil

Cook the spaghetti and drain. Add some oil and garlic to wok then add spaghetti noodles. Stir fry briefly. Transfer to bowl and place in warming oven. Add more oil to wok, add pork


Its a great basic recipe that I have tried with a couple different substitutions now. Try chicken instead of pork. Add some soy sauce and hot sesame oil. Try rice in place of noodles.

No comments: