Friday, March 27, 2009

gift bag

gardening gift
Anne Marie's seeds gift bag

This week I gave Anne Marie a bag of supplies to start a patio garden with her young daughters. It was really nice to have so many suggestions last week on what to include (link) - though if I included everything, she would have needed an acre of patio space!

In the bag was:
A planter pot (for lettuce and/or radish seeds), a bag of potting soil, compressed peat pots, wood plant labels, and a marking pen.
Also, seeds for lettuce (mesclun gourmet baby greens from Botanical Interests), radish (Cherry Belle BI), Burpee cucumbers (Sweet Burpless), Sungold cherry tomatoes (Reimer Seeds) and nasturtiums (Burpee jewel mix).
Also a print out of all the suggestions everyone gave me and a list of planting instructions that I think the kids can help to read.
I'm hoping these seeds grow and produce delicious and beautiful fruits and flowers. And lots of enjoyment.

pot and seeds for a friend

9 comments:

Prospero said...

When I was a child, my grandmother once gave me a pack of Zinnia seeds. It was a wondrous gift and started me on a lifelong journey in and out of the garden shed.
Happy belated birthday, Skip.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet I wish someone would give me a bag of garden goodies

Sasha said...

What a wonderful gift idea! =)

Gardeness said...

That's some great garden booty! Very sweet of you to give such a wonderful gift.

Daphne Gould said...

Wonderful gift. It seems she will have a nice salad garden when she plants.

Leah said...

I LOVE your blog and I'm so happy to have found it!

Talk about a gift that keeps on giving! We give our children garden goodies instead of candy in their easter baskets & I'm thinking of giving container garden kits for Mother's day this year as well.

Anna said...

A lovely gift which hopefully will inspire a love of growing and gardening in the little folk :)

kathy said...

It's hard to give seeds and pots away.

kathy said...

An update: The girls had a lot of fun planting the lettuce seeds and watching for them to sprout. Anne Marie says they are very very excited and interested in the seeds. They took 4 or 5 days to sprout. So now they can watch them grow.