Saturday, March 28, 2009

seedlings on the shelf

shelf

I have six and a half trays of seedlings growing now. Only four fit under my lights, but the sun's doing a good job with the others. The lettuce is starting to look pretty with red frilly leaves. The early tomatoes will need bigger pots soon. Onions continue to grow well though I decided not to trim their tops. Broccoli and peppers have their second leaves (1st true leaves) and my surprise seedlings sprouted well are thinking about getting second leaves. I hoping this will give me a clue to their identity.

Yesterday's planting list (one 9-pack of each):
Cabbage, Super Red 80
Cabbage, Savoy
Hollyhock, single mixed
Lettuce, Prizehead
Beets, Lutz
Beets, White Detroit
Mixed fall greens
Spinach, Bloomsdale

3 comments:

Dan said...

You have quite an operation there, everything looks great. Those surprise seeds will be a real puzzler but their name lays in your 'Ideas for 2009' post.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Kathy your seedlings looks great and I must say you got a brilliant shelf for them. I wish I had one of those. They must save so much space, very impressive.

Jman said...

I'm looking to buy some lights as I feel my eastern sun isn't enough for the seedlings.

Where did you purchase those light fixtures? Thanks