This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, June 20, 2009


today's harvest

This is my harvest from two days ago. Baby bok coy and spinach. (Both a bit bolted.) We're grilling the bok choy tonight.



Blogger Dan said...

Your Bok Choi looks great. I just sowed a bit more in the garden a few days ago in hopes of a July harvest.

June 20, 2009 9:56 PM

Blogger Karen said...

Our bok choy looks the same as yours, so I must be doing SOMETHING right - we braised ours and had it with wild salmon on Saturday night. YUM!

I'll wait till the full moon to put more bok choy seeds in the ground.

June 22, 2009 1:33 PM

Blogger kathy said...

I have not had bok choy before this. A really nice flavor. I was sampling it in comparison with savoy cabbage the other day. The bok choy is much milder, a little lemony and cucumber taste in the flavor. I'm enjoying it.

June 23, 2009 9:17 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden