This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

table
turkey cooking
food pie
family beja

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous http://www.flowergardengirlcom.wordpress.com/ said...

Your Thanksgiving is elegant and down to earth at the same time. I just love what you have done.

November 28, 2008 1:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks very nice.

i read your blog as much as i can.

November 28, 2008 7:33 AM

 
Anonymous Caroline (from Virginia) said...

I just got home from an ill-conceived "Black Friday" shopping trip and needed a return to Thanksgiving. Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing; it got me right back in the real spirit of the holiday.

p.s. What kind of pie is that? I'm going to guess apple.

November 28, 2008 12:52 PM

 
Blogger Kathi said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving. I lived in Arizona for 12 years and I miss it (in the winter only).

November 28, 2008 8:50 PM

 
Blogger Kateri said...

I just found your blog and am enjoying it. I LOVE that table!

November 29, 2008 7:03 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Yes, the pie is apple and was yummy. It was made by my 15 yr old niece. Its so nice to have a baker in the family! She made a pumpkin pie too.

November 30, 2008 7:30 PM

 
Blogger Parsec said...

Looks warm and inviting! Great shots!

December 03, 2008 3:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden