Saturday, May 05, 2007

what's growing

arugula black seeded simpson lettuce cap peas carrots chard dill endive escarole garlic garlic chives herbs lettuce mix marigolds oregano parsley piselle peas radish red romaine sugar snap peas thyme
This is what is growing in my garden now. It exciting to check in the mornings and see what's sprouted. From top left: arugula, black-seeded simpson lettuce, broccoli, cap peas, carrots, chard, dill, endive, escarole, garlic, garlic chives, herbs (rosemary and blue basil), lettuce mix, marigolds, oregano, parsley, piselle peas, radish, red romaine, sugar snap peas, and thyme. Everything is growing well except the fava beans, which I am beginning to worry about. I'll have to excavate some seeds soon and see what's going on underground.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be growing fabas next year. do tell us what the problem is with your "favas".

fabas is the spanish name. i think "favas" most be portugese.

bye!!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Interesting to see you are at about the same stage as us in the UK. But we may be a bit drier, with our unusual drought.
The photos are great. What is Red Romaine?
TopVeg at www.topveg.com

kathy said...

I was really excited to find plants of Red Romaine at my favorite garden center. I had some at a restaurant the other day that was really delicious. Its a red version of the standard Romaine lettuce. Aside from being a nice color, its also usually more tender and flavorful. Its very good used as baby lettuce and is often in commercial lettuce mixes.

kathy said...

Regarding fava beans, I don;t know much about the names fava and faba. I usually see them called fava beans here in the US. This is my first year growing them.

Good news about the seeds I excavated this afternoon. I'll enter a post with photos of the sprouts that are almost up.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

This Flickr your working with is it easy to work with? Is it good? can you recommend it? ...sorry a lot of questions.

Anonymous said...

With all that lovely organic stuff coming up: when is a good time to come for dinner?

kathy said...

I'm also looking forward to the first home grown veges. Maybe the first harvest will be some lettuce. I'm guessing in about three weeks, early June. We eat mostly lettuce and other salad items.

kathy said...

Tyra - I have found Flickr to be very good. I do recommend it. I have found it to be easy to use and I like the way the photos look. Flickr lets you upload more resolution than Blogger.

I do find that you need to pay the $25 and get the additional upload capability.