Tuesday, March 03, 2009

to do list

After being away on vacation, there's always a long list of stuff to catch up on. Here's my list:

1- Take pictures of my new sprouts: tomatoes and thymes! (These were watered well in my absence.)
2- Open a couple envelopes of new seeds delivered by mail in my absence.
3- Catch up on email (its endless) ...
4- Eat my Florida souvenirs: grapefruit, tomatoes, limes and avocado.
5- Finish uploading my photos of Florida flowers, birds and swamps.
6- Edit my planting calculator, based on some very good suggestions.
7- Check out my gardens - but then maybe I'll wait til the snow melts. I really thought it'd be spring when I got home! We have almost a foot of new snow. (Actually its beautiful.)
8- Get ready to plant broccoli, lettuce and eggplant seeds.
9- Hang out with my buddy, Skippy. Nice to be greeted by a wagging tail...

7 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm glad to hear that your seedlings were well cared for in your absence. I have come home to some very stressed and dying plants in the past. When I read that you were gone, all I could think was, "Oh, no, the seedlings!"
Enjoy!

Dennis said...

I started my tomatoes later than I wanted and it sounds like yours are at the same stage as mine....sprouts. It'll be interesting how much faster the Florida sun helps mine out. We'll soon find out!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad the seedlings are doing well and can't wait to see pics of how they are doing.

Weeping Sore said...

Speaking of planting seeds, this is the most dangerous time of year for me. The last frost date in my garden is end of March. But it's so lovely outside, I sometimes can't hold back from planting warm season veggies now. The predictable result is that Nature punishes my impatience by waiting for things to sprout and then ambushing them with a hard freeze. Just a few more weeks....

Dan said...

Hi Kathy, To Do list can be long this time of year escpecially after having a nice get away. I somethings find myself making lists of other lists to do.

A fellow veggie blogger is hosting an event to raise awareness and funds for Rett Syndrome. All she is asking others to do is post a photo on her flickr of a dressed up family member or pet and then she is going to donate $10 on your behalf for every photo posted. It would be awesome if Skippy could participate.

Here is the link to her blog for all the info:
http://chiotsrun.com/2009/03/03/dress-up-2-cure-join-me/

and here is my photo of a dressed up veggie :-):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21950260@N05/3329259332/in/pool-1018659@N20

Lisa said...

It's always nice to be home again and check on seeds sprouting (great fun) or not (not so fun) and contemplate what's next.

But just as nice is that wagging tail!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely Kathy! I think all of this snow will be GONE by the end of this weekend. Gonna be WARM out!! : )

~Dawnie