This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, March 16, 2009



Another sign of spring - the racks of $1.99 primroses are out at Home Depot! Love their happy faces.


Blogger Gardeness said...

I snatched up one of those. Great color.

March 16, 2009 5:06 PM

Anonymous safira said...

Note to self: stop at Home Depot on the way home tomorrow. Not usually my favorite store, but $2 primroses? Can't beat that!

March 16, 2009 7:46 PM

Blogger prue said...

hehe lovely colours. We have $2 potted colour here for autumn too, though with the poor quality of the Australian dollar you can probably get double your money's worth!

March 16, 2009 9:42 PM

Blogger Mama, Papa, and Son said...

The very center of the bloom is my favorite part. The tiny yellow flower within a flower.

March 17, 2009 12:35 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Somehow I think the resolution of this photo ended better than the real plant. Its like a mini felt flower pasted in the center. I love to see all the details....

March 17, 2009 8:44 PM

Blogger Wayne Stratz said...

great photo. as for your recent confession on what you don't like to eat... I am planning to grow brussel sprouts for the first time this year. the plants will make for a great photo and I want to eat a fresh one from my garden before I give them their final judgment

March 25, 2009 6:23 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden