This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Friday, May 02, 2008

tomato seedlings

trays 3
tomango purple calabash
san marzano giant belgium
tomato tray 1 trays
They're small, but I have lots of varieties. And they are growing well. I bring the tomatoes outside for extra light when the temperature is above 50 F. Otherwise, they are on a window sill.

Solanum lycopersicum

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Kathy,
They look so healthy! I'm in the process of transplanting mine into the garden. Here in the South days are getting hotter with still a slight (very) chill in the air. I am enjoying your blog so much. Thanks for all the insight and inspiration you've given me and the rest of the gardening community.

Shelley

May 02, 2008 2:37 PM

 
Anonymous PR said...

Kathy,
I'm a relatively new gardener and I find myself drawn to your blog. I enjoy looking at all the pictures, especially the vegetables.

May 02, 2008 3:24 PM

 
Anonymous ted said...

Nice seedlings. What kind of soil are they in? Do you use any fertilizer?

May 03, 2008 1:24 PM

 
Blogger heirloomgardener said...

Great looking seedlings! I'm in NJ and have a much smaller vegetable plot than you do. Thank you for your inspiration.

May 03, 2008 11:24 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

My seed trays all have Miracle Gro potting soil. I get the mega bag at Costco in the spring for a good price. It has fertilizer adder already. Occasionally, I need to add more - my peppers look like they could use more now. I keep trying to remember to do this.

Thanks for the nice comments!

May 04, 2008 4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden