This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

lettuce rows

lettuce 2

Lactuca sativa



Blogger Daphne said...

They looks so pretty. I never have such a pretty group. I sow just a small patch at a time and they are all different sizes. Just part of one row will be the same size. I'm the only one that eats lettuce in my house.

May 15, 2008 6:02 PM

Blogger Matron said...

How beautifully organized, and not a slug-hole in sight!

May 16, 2008 2:39 AM

Blogger kathy said...

I sowed these inside in little 6-pack pots, one seed per cell. I watched my local CSA farmer do it this way. Very professional. Then I transplanted to the garden at proper spacing for nice heads. I love the way they look.

I do have to keep an eye out for slugs, but its still too cold for them here. Usually not til July.

May 16, 2008 11:29 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden