This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

harvest day

Today's harvest! I've never had so many beautiful vegetables.

Solanum tuberosum
Cucurbita pepo (summer squash)
harvests from my vegetable gardens


Blogger Matron said...

Are those yellow straightneck squash? I'm growing them this year and they have a wonderful close, silky texture and very prolific as well.

August 21, 2007 3:25 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

Yes. You're right about the texture. Very nice. This year I have Gold Bar yellow squash. Its a straightneck variety and very prolific and tasty. Last year I had Yellow Crookneck, which didn't produce many squash for me. I like Gold Bar much better.

I prefer the yellow straightneck to the zucchini (Cashflow). My little Sunburst squash was very tasty too, but it is not very prolific.

August 21, 2007 11:27 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden