This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

another mystery squash!

This is the fruit of another one of the squash plants that volunteered in my compost this spring. A medium-sized pumpkin. Its still tiny - only about 3 inches across.

Pumpkin -- Cucurbita spp.


Blogger ALKlein said...

hey we have a mystery squash that looks very similar. Is it a pumpkin?
What ever it is, it's proven tasty

June 15, 2008 11:17 PM

Blogger Sazji said...

Hehe, fun! I also got a mystery volunteer, but nowhere near the compost, and nowhere I'd ever have thought of planting a rampant squash vine. It looks like our local big gray ribbed squash - which I've never planted. So perhaps I have a garden fairy at work.

August 10, 2010 7:32 PM

Blogger kathy said...

What fun to have a garden fairy! You are lucky. My gnome works hard, but he hasn't planted squash for me - yet.

August 10, 2010 9:45 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden