Monday, May 28, 2007

gardening, gardening

mint planter seeds
romaine lettuce rows
It was a perfect day for gardening. Even Skippy came out to "help". I finished up many chores. I squeezed in two rows of romaine lettuce next to the peas, mulched the peppers and garlic, planted another row of dill, a row of soy beans, and a tower of pole beans. (I've squeezed things in very close this year.) I moved my two new mint plants from the vegetable garden to a metal tub (my Mom took a look at it in the garden yesterday and said, who would ever knowingly plant mint in their garden!!).

2 comments:

Janet said...

I just found your blog. It's great to see how things are growing on the other side of the country. This is the first garden I've had in many years and I can't spend enough time tinkering in it. Happy Gardening!

Ali said...

Unfortunately, I planted mint knowingly in a raised bed a few years ago. Sigh. I thought the raised bed would contain it, but I was wrong, Wrong, WRONG! At least it makes great mojitos!

Your garden is a great inspiration!
Ali