This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

bean sprouts

bean sprouts Copy of sprout
Amazing how fast beans grow! Yesterday there were no signs of sprouts and today lots of 1 or 2 inch plants. These are Italian Pole Beans and Haricots Verts bush beans that I planted two weeks ago.




Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I planted my beans 2 weeks ago (Haricot Verts, Blue Lake and Yellow Bush) yesterday and half the 10' row sprouted in the first week, the other half, I noticed this morning, is finally starting to sprout. Also, my 3' high peas are now starting to bud...yeah!

May 31, 2007 1:44 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

I checked my row labels and noticed these bean sprouts were planted on May 23rd. That's 8 days of germination. I'll have to watch for the pea buds! Exciting.

June 01, 2007 10:02 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden