Wednesday, November 26, 2008

traveling south ....

Well, this gardener is heading south. The ground here is frozen, the garden is sleeping. Its a good time to visit family, hang out and reminisce a bit.

I'm feeling lucky to have a sister in Tempe Arizona. She may regret her recent move to the desert southwest, as my extended family is gathering at her house this holiday weekend.

My contribution for the big turkey dinner will be a potatoes and greens casserole with vegetables I grew. Silly enough, the vegetables are packed in my luggage for transport across the country and assembly on Turkey Thursday. That, plus a nice loaf of squash bread made with zucchini I froze midsummer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy spending the holiday with family in a warm climate!

Sheila said...

What a wonderful contribution to the Thanksgiving table!

Susie said...

That sounds yummy!! Have a Great Thanksgiving:-)

Magz & Hugh said...

happy thanksgiving. enjoy the rest before it all starts again next year! Thanks for the great blog.

Margaret :)

Annie*s Granny said...

I'm quite near you (in AZ) today, and the weather is perfect...not too hot to have the oven going, so here come the turkey and the punkin' pies!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope someone saved those turkey giblets for Skippy :-)

kathy said...

We have a nice lab named Beja here and I gave her a tiny taste of giblets. Beja always wants to eat more but has to watch her weight.

I sure do miss Skippy!

We had off and on rain and sun but the temp is really nice here in Tempe. Cheers! (have to run now and eat pie myself...)