This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

harvest from my garden


Yesterday's harvest: endive, pea tendrils, baby dill, many radish, a big head of escarole and some red lettuce. A nice salad!

harvests from my vegetable gardens


Blogger Margo said...

They're beautiful!

October 29, 2008 12:02 PM

Blogger Sheila said...

They are lovely!

October 29, 2008 12:13 PM

Blogger Mary said...

wow, lovely that your garden is still producing - i'm impressed!

October 29, 2008 1:54 PM

Blogger Pam said...

Found your blog from the Belmont CSA - wonderful that you're still producing! I'll have to leave space for some fall crops in my garden next time!

October 29, 2008 2:50 PM

Blogger Sandy said...

I'm wondering what you can do with pea tendrils? If you can eat them, that would be great news! Do tell. -Sandy

October 29, 2008 3:10 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Yes, I eat the pea tendrils. Usually in a salad with lettuce or quickly stir fried. Once I topped a pizza with them and it was very nice. They have a spinach-like taste.

October 29, 2008 4:46 PM

Anonymous inadvertentfarmer said...

Yummy! Looks delicious. Just found you blog...Love the dog!

October 30, 2008 5:51 PM

Blogger kathy said...

HI inadvertentfarmer,

Likewise for your blog! I love it. Beautiful photos.

October 30, 2008 10:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden