This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

honey bee in flight

honey bee in flight

Cucumis sativus

Labels: ,


Anonymous kpearce said...

love your garden, wonderful to see small space gardening throughout the united states. i'm located in a (very) small town in southwest washington and run a small business called urban farm school. looks like our harvest season is just about the same. i too am (im)patiently awaiting my first tomato, stupice will be first. great blog, it's now in my favourites and i look forward to watching your season.

bread baker
seed gatherer
business owner

July 19, 2008 5:39 PM

Blogger Ryan said...

Hi -

I just came across your blog, and I really like it! My wife and I live in Framingham, and we have recently gotten into vegetable gardening. We have a very small amount of space dedicated to it (64 sq ft worth in raised beds), but as this is our first year, we didn't want to go overboard.

Anyhow - I'm glad I came across your site - it can be tough to find good vegetable gardening information sources for this area for new people like my wife and I.

July 19, 2008 5:59 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great capture!

July 19, 2008 6:13 PM

Blogger Jim Lemire said...

Phenomenal shot, Kathy.

Besides the bee in flight, I really love the texture on the squash vines - I forget every summer how spiky they are until I reach in to grab a ripe fruit. My cucumbers got me good this afternoon!

July 19, 2008 9:17 PM

Blogger kathy said...

I am getting a serious rash on my wrists this year and I think it is from my squashes. They have serious spines! Especially those zucchinis.

Like you say, this photo is a cucumber flower.

July 19, 2008 9:42 PM

Blogger TerBear said...

What a great close-up photo. It shows the pollen on the bee's leg. Your blog is wonderful!

July 21, 2008 10:10 AM

Blogger lkw said...

What a great photo! I find the squash leaves awfully irritating, too, especially the sprawling ones. I've had great fun watching squash bees this season!

July 21, 2008 7:48 PM

Blogger kathy said...


July 22, 2008 1:35 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden