This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Rock Meadow activity

rock meadow
This is the community garden where I hope to get a plot this weekend. There was lots of gardening activity over the past weekend.

Belmont Victory Garden

Rock Meadow Conservation Land, Belmont


Anonymous plantgurus said...

Can't wait to see what it looks like in the up coming months. Is it hard to get a plot there?

April 07, 2008 10:46 PM

Blogger kathy said...

From what I hear, this is the first year they have had a waiting list. I don't know how long the list is, but I've also heard that gardens in the area are in very short supply. So, it sounds like it will get harder to get a plot here.

April 08, 2008 5:25 PM

Blogger said...

That's a great looking community garden, nice and organized and well laid out. You should have a great time using your space there.

April 09, 2008 2:01 AM

Blogger kathy said...

I am really looking forward. A recent comment from previous gardener there is that there are many critters around these gardens that enjoy veggies.

April 09, 2008 7:12 PM

Blogger rusty in miami said...

I hope you get a plot, I can wait to see what it looks like. My city does not have a community garden. I wish it did.

April 09, 2008 8:34 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden