Wednesday, February 10, 2010

winter colors

purple raspberry stems red branches
red rose berries blue-black berries
old orange oak leaves pink paperbark maple
sunset behind the wires

Today I tried to see how many "colorful" photos I could take.

I'm hoping its about the end of the winter drabness here in New England. We have so many shades of gray branches, dirty white snow, and brown mud and dead leaves.

Aside from the bright plastic trash debris, I was able to find bright purple raspberry stems, shriveled but showy red bittersweet and blue juniper berries, and a nice pink sunset behind the power lines. Ahh....

Tomorrow we have a foot of fresh snow predicted and then when it melts - I'm thinking the crocuses and forsythia will pop open! ;) Maybe....

5 comments:

mary said...

Hi, I love your blog, and it inspired me to do two things, start my own garden last summer and start my own blog this week. I would love if you followed my blog and give me tips here and there. I am a new gardner and you love imput. My blog is http://vermontblonde.blogspot.com

I live in northern Vermont, where we have total snow covergae right now,blahhhhh

kathy said...

HI Mary, YOUr new blog looks really nice. Have fun!

Kalena Michele said...

This post should be an inspiration for a fashion designer or people that want to know about season-appropriate colors in their wardrobe. Nature inspires so much, right?

gardenandbliss.com said...

Nice Color! Blue potatoes sound interesting.. I will have to try that. Nice blog with the color contrasts, very pretty photography.

Emily said...

It's great to see some color. We're covered in about 4' of snow right now (DC area) and it seems like we'll never see anything but white. These pics were a nice break.