Monday, April 09, 2007

spring planting!

Its my official start of a new gardening season! Today I planted my first seeds: one 3 ft row of each snap peas, Capucijner peas, endive, escarole, a lettuce mix, and black seeded simpson lettuce. I coated the pea seeds with inoculant just before planting.

I have changed my side-bar count-down meter to keep track of the time until tomato harvest. Last year my first tomato was ripe on July 31. Around here, July 4 is the date gardeners shoot for. I've never even come close, but I thought I'd challenge myself and aim for two weeks earlier than last year: July 17 is my target date for a big red tomato. Yummmmm!

Pisum sativum
Lactuca sativa

1 comment:

Doctor Mom said...

You certainly have been busy in your garden! I think that you were wise to wait to plant seeds. And I love the sight of those happy pansies!