This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

young cardinal on my cucumber trellis

juvenile cardinal  071



Blogger icebear said...

He's adorable!

June 15, 2011 7:52 PM

Blogger rosiemomma said...

Great Picture! I didn't realize they were a faded sort of pinkish when young. Do you think it could be a female?

June 16, 2011 12:38 AM

Blogger Kristina said...

You have a beautiful blog. Check out mine

June 16, 2011 3:05 AM

Blogger Martin and Amy said...


June 16, 2011 5:44 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Your garden is wonderful! It is so great to see another local garden. I have a potager garden at home in Melrose. It seems that yours is very much like that too. Vegetables with flowers and herbs -the best! And your cardinal and bunny photos are great - this week, I had a wren land on top of my obelisk that has a - wren sculpture - on the top! Double decker wrens! Life is great -

(mrs. macgregor)

June 16, 2011 10:46 AM

Blogger H. Mikael said...

Beautiful bird - Cardinals are my favorite & abundant in my yard. I love the dedication and passion you bring to gardening and this blog - it's infectious! In fact I started my own outdoors & vegetable gardening blog last month called LushGreenVA

June 16, 2011 11:04 AM

Blogger kathy said...

The mature females have an orange beak. This young one still has a black beak.

June 18, 2011 9:58 PM

Anonymous marian(LondonUK) said...

Beautiful! Your photos are lovely. Isn't it a heartwarming time of year. At first light in the morning the bird song is wonderful. When I feel completely knackered, I think "if that little birdy can get up and go again ... so can I"!

June 19, 2011 6:11 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you give the wild birds of your yard shelter?
Nice Blog, your love of gardening and the outdoors is showing!
I too love the wild birds. So nice to look at in the garden! Look here: to learn how to keep them in the garden.

July 11, 2011 10:07 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden