This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

skippy in the garden

skippy 2

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger victoria T. said...

What a beauty!! He looks pensive and sad that the gardening season is over.

November 05, 2009 5:47 PM

 
Blogger Stewart said...

Hi Skippy!

November 05, 2009 7:20 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

He looks right at home!

November 06, 2009 9:55 AM

 
Blogger aliceb said...

Hey Skippy...tis the season for resting by the fire!? You are handsome.

November 06, 2009 11:40 PM

 
Blogger Matron said...

What a lovely portrait! so difficult to photograph black dogs well.

November 07, 2009 8:13 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I figure I'm successful at photographing Skippy if his eyes show. I don't think they do here. Maybe a pixel of highlight. You have to imagine he has eyes in the shadows.

Skippy is looking forward to a long walk and a bath today. He loves a Saturday when he can run in the fields. The cool weather agrees with him.

November 07, 2009 11:20 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sorry to tell you but that gardening realm site has stolen your picture of skippy for one of their posts.

I posted a comment on their blog about it, but am pretty sure it won't make it on there.

November 08, 2009 1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden