This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

spring flowers

forsythia scilla
Spring comes very fast once it starts.


Blogger ChrisND said...

Those three images together sure do make a nice picture. Almost like paint colors for a room.

April 17, 2008 11:54 PM

Anonymous Shelley said...


I love your blog! It has so inspired me to garden. I had forgotten just how relaxing it is. Your site ROCKS!
Keep up the good work - I know you inspire so many people. Hugs to Skippy, too.

April 18, 2008 12:36 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful spring colors...I am so used to seeing some shade of green when I open your site, that the pink made me sit up and smile. Are there any pink vegtables? Great photos!

April 18, 2008 3:02 AM

Blogger kathy said...


I should look for brighter vegetables this year. I do hope to have some bright orange, pink and striped tomatoes. Pumpkins are nice and bright. And of course my purple peas are always pretty. This year I will also do companion planting and mix flowers with veggies. I have marigolds, nasturtiums, asters, daisies, hyssop, and bright orange cosmos.

April 18, 2008 9:43 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden