This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, April 03, 2008


sprouts more onions sprouts
broccoli sprouts escarole sprouts
more seedlings kale sprouts
pepper sprouts more sprouts
More sprout photos. I got out my macro. Its like having a cute baby to photograph... just greener... If I watch long enough, I can almost see them grow....

Sprouts in these trays are: onions, kale, peppers, lettuce and escarole. Seeded, but no sprouts yet, are: asters, cosmos and marigolds.

Kale (Brassica oleracea, Acephala Group)


Blogger mmorgan said...

Your seedlings look great! I feel like my seedlings are "babies" too! Keep up the great work, you inspired me to blog about my gardening adventures...

April 04, 2008 1:23 PM

Blogger kathy said...

HI Melissa, your new blog is really nice. I'll stop back!

April 05, 2008 9:49 PM

Blogger chey said...

I love these baby seedling shots with all those brilliant shades of green!

You have a wonderful blog here! I'll be back to visit. Cheers!

April 06, 2008 8:23 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden