This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, April 02, 2007

april showers

fence droplets
gnome in the rain
The April rain is very peaceful - and wet. My vegetable garden is fully thawed now, but working the soil and planting peas will have to wait for drier weather, which may be towards the end of the week.


Anonymous Doctor Mom said...

I planted my sweet peas yesterday. Who can tell with this weather?!

April 02, 2007 9:24 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

Great! If I had the time to garden yesterday , I would have planted my peas and some lettuce. I had hoped to do this, but taxes, work, dog, oh well, I just didn;t have time. I think they'll be fine, but I also think its so cold that it may not matter that I wait to plant next weekend.

April 02, 2007 10:06 PM

Blogger ldybug said...

I see a gnome back there!!!

April 06, 2007 9:35 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

Yes, that's my gnome!

April 07, 2007 10:38 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden