This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

pepper sprouts

two sprouts one sprout
It is now 12 days after I planted pepper seeds (on March 15). Lots of little sprouts have come up. The pepper package said the seeds would sprout in 10-21 days (at 70F) and then be ready to plant in the garden in about 8 weeks (about May 15). I've been incubating these seeds at about 75F by keeping them next to a light under my fish tank. I found I had to keep a sheet of glass over them, as they dried out very fast without it. Once the sprouts get a bit bigger I will bring them out to a window sill.

S&P

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can u let us know what the rss feed is for your blog? i have tried adding index.xml to the link, but no luck.

thanks.

March 27, 2007 4:06 PM

 
Anonymous Patrick said...

They look great! I'm glad the fish tank worked, it was a good idea.

March 27, 2007 4:52 PM

 
Blogger carletongardener said...

Sorry, but I do not even know what RSS is. I was thinking of looking it up, but haven;t. Just one of things I haven't had time for.

March 27, 2007 7:09 PM

 
Blogger carletongardener said...

Well, I did work on the RSS feed a bit. I added some code to my template and there is now a section towards the bottom of my sidebar that allows you to subscribe to my posts (using atom). Please let me know if anyone would like me to add more. I am sorry that I do not personally use RSS feed and am not yet familiar with the issues/process.

March 28, 2007 9:29 PM

 
Anonymous dee said...

Your having better luck with your peppers than me, maybe i need a fish tank :)

March 29, 2007 7:14 AM

 
Blogger carletongardener said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog, Dee. Good luck with your newly sown peppers. The first plant looks great!

March 29, 2007 8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden