Saturday, October 02, 2010

today's harvest - cukes and tomatoes

harvest

My mom emailed and asked if I was OK. She said there were no entries on my blog since last Monday! I'm caught! Well, the garden is still growing and I'm fine I told her. Just one of those weeks where the job kind of takes over everything else.

But I do have a bunch of garden things to catch up on. My larder is filling up. My fall lettuce is doing well. And I'm looking forward to a fun day of digging sweet potatoes very soon.

Today's harvest is tomatoes and cucumbers again. They are so wonderful. Mostly Big Beef, Pink Beauty, Opalka, San Marzano, Cherokee Purple and Giant Belgium. Enough to eat one a day fresh and make a batch of sauce for the freezer once a week. The cukes won't quit either. Plenty for eating and pickling.

3 comments:

meemsnyc said...

What a gorgeous bowl of maters!

takaeko said...

Great harvest!
My tomatoes and cucumbers ended since they became less productive.

Now I prepare autumn-winter vegetables like Chinese cabbage and white radish.

p3chandan said...

What a bountiful harvest you have! Im growing cherry tomatoes right now but they are so slow to grow, cant wait for their cheary little cherries!