Monday, October 25, 2010

purple power

Microsoft PowerPoint - Presentation1

The monthly photo contest theme at RAW for October is Purple Power
Royalty, passion, rage, sophistication ... purple is a vivid and versatile color. Let's see how creative you can get with it in this month's color challenge.

My purple photos are mostly shiny eggplants, beautiful cabbages, freshly picked purple calabash or Cherokee purple tomatoes, summer asters with honeybees and a few deep purple sunsets. Oh, and nice purple broccoli and purple potaotes. I assembled a bunch of my purple photos. Maybe I'll submit one, but how creative is a purple vegetable? Not.

My purple slide show: link

8 comments:

Phoebe said...

Great Photos! I find that purple is one of the most striking colours in the garden, especially when paired with yellow. I think its one of the most popular colour combinations we use in our design office!

Matron said...

Wonderful stuff! Apparently purple and blue fruit and veggies have more beneficial health effects than others... well that's the latest science fad anyway!

Toni said...

Love purple with all it's passion!

Beautiful photos Kathy!

John Craine said...

What a wonderful collection of photographs.

S Robertson said...

That purple cabbage will be dynamite in a pork roast.

Purple potatoes sound interesting... I'll have to look into that.

Nice photos

Vic said...

The purple tomato looks beautiful. You "created" this tomato so creativity shouldn't be an issue :)

Leslie said...

PRET--TY Impressive

daphne said...

pretty purple makes my day happy and kicking! Great photos. I don't know which one is the best=)