Wednesday, October 06, 2010

wet aerial view

wet aerial

Seems like its been raining all month! Plus temps are falling. Summer's gone. Cukes and tomatoes are looking ragged. With the dampness, I haven't done much work outside and chores are waiting.

This weekend is forecast to be dry. I want to clear out the cold frame, replace the plastic and fill it with baby seedlings that are growing inside. I'll also plant clover and winter rye under the tomatoes and in the empty beds.

At my community plot, I'll plant garlic. Maybe also consolidate the fall greens and put up hoops and row cover. Same at my parents garden - hoops and row cover over a long row of fall greens.

... click on the label below to see previous aerial photos of my garden ....

3 comments:

Potted Vegetable Garden said...

Nice aerial shot of you garden there. I just stumbled across your blog and thought I would say hi.
We don't really have a fall where I live as I am I border on temperate and the sub tropics.
Happy Gardening from Marty, Karin and the Potted Vegetable Garden

Vic said...

We are planting 3000 garlic gloves of 7 varieties this year.

We are also experimenting with bulbil planting.

Goodluck.

kathy said...

Wow! Lots of garlic. Sounds fun. Good luck to you too.