This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

popcorn sprouts

corn 036

My popcorn is a couple inches tall now. I thinned it once to about 2-3 inches apart and will thin again to about 6 inches soon. There is a giant sunflower that volunteered at the far end of the bed. It should be able to outgrow the corn.

I am planning to order some parasitic warps this year to see it I can get ears without worms. I need to order these soon.



Blogger Green Zebra Market Garden said...

Think they'll be knee-high by fourth of July?

June 19, 2011 10:54 AM

Blogger Martin and Amy said...

Must try growing pop corn. Maybe next year!!! :0)

June 19, 2011 12:41 PM

Anonymous marian(LondonUK) said...

Good Looking growth. I planted some sweetcorn 2 weeks ago, they look good. I had a second batch, later harvest tht I planted last Sunday. My goodness our weather is rubbish, so much wind they were practically bending over as I planted them (I am sure Soilman would have detailed this far more eloquently!!!) I have watered and prayed, fingers and everything else crossed thye survive. Our weather is MAD!!


June 19, 2011 6:20 PM

Blogger Dani said...

Kathy - I never heard of popcorn corn - never mind seen it in this country. Need to find some ... LOL

June 20, 2011 1:06 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden