Sunday, June 19, 2011

bagged apples

bagged apples 112

I looked around for some information on bagging my apples and pears. Here's an informative thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg0400030418546.html. It seems that plastic Ziploc bags are the way to go. Zip the baggie over the stem of apples about 3/4 inches in diameter and cut off the lowest corner of the bag so any water that gets in will drain.

I have 24 apples bagged now. Will do my 5 pears soon.

bagged apples 121

6 comments:

Mary said...

Good to know. Of course, I'll have to save that information for a much later date when my sad little fruit trees are actually producing fruit. ha ha. YAY for yours this year!!

Mark (the Brush Valley Brewer) said...

Can you post pictures? I've never really understood this.

mediaOrganic said...

Great idea! I look forward to future reports on how it works out. I just planted three fruit tree whips this year so I'll have to tuck this one away for the future as well.

McArtor said...

The bags are a great idea. Will share it with my neighbor who's sharing his nectarines with the birds.

Anonymous said...

My question is i want to install artifical grass in my garden and the people of www.jardineriamarve.net talk me about a last generation of artificial grass with good price, but im not convinced about that, therefore I would like to know your opinion about artificial grass? is better than the natural grass?

Steve Lau said...

Wow, I never thought of that idea before. Thanks for the post.