This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

baby pumpkin

pumpkin 005

Baby pumpkins are forming! We'll see if they set.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! My plants are too tiny to have anything yet, but I saw that I have some flowers on my tomatoes, eggplants and some peppers growing which gives me some feeling of accomplisment :]When did plant them in your garden Kathy?
Huli

June 18, 2011 10:11 PM

 
Blogger Mark Willis said...

That's a fab photo!

June 19, 2011 1:47 AM

 
Blogger rmgales said...

Glad to see gardens are progressing after all the rain we've had.

June 19, 2011 7:47 AM

 
Blogger Martin and Amy said...

Great photo!

Almost pumpkin jam time!

Martin :0)

June 19, 2011 12:50 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Huli, I planted these seeds on April 29 and transplanted to the garden on May 30.

June 19, 2011 11:40 PM

 
Anonymous Chris said...

That's the best way to start pumpkins. Make sure to mound the dirt up around your pumpkin plants. This will allow ample drainage for the plant.

Try to let your vines grow diagonally across your garden if possible. Off of the main vine you will get secondary vines. Then off of the secondaries you will get tertiary vines. Pull these vines off to ensure your pumpkins are getting their full nutrients.

June 20, 2011 8:59 PM

 
Blogger Kristina said...

Awwwww What a cutie!!!


Happy Gardening,
-Kristina K.

Urban Farm Wife

June 28, 2011 11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden