This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, October 18, 2010

this weekend's harvest

harvest 2
harvest 3 harvest 4

Arugula, beets, carrots, red cabbage, oak leaf lettuce, escarole frisee, a big bunch of dill, perennial (walking) onion greens, the last of my newmex chiles, a tiny butternut squash, lemon thyme, parsley and a few tomatoes.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Cher' Shots said...

I'm already missing fresh vegetables. It sure makes me appreciate my garden.

October 18, 2010 1:45 PM

 
Blogger Toni-Shaklee Distributor said...

Looks fantastic!!!! Love that red cabbage... and those carrots and the beets... yup... love it all! Enjoy Cathy!

October 18, 2010 2:43 PM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

Your vegetables look so perfect! Maybe someday my heart for gardening will grow into a green thumb like yours!

October 18, 2010 8:15 PM

 
Blogger biobabbler said...

a-MA-zing. Everything looks spectacular, and SUCH WONderful colors in the beets, carrots (yum!) and cabbage. Primo work, as usual. =)

October 18, 2010 8:55 PM

 
Anonymous Adriana @ Anarchy in the Garden said...

That's a beautiful purple head of cabbage!

October 18, 2010 11:41 PM

 
Blogger Phoebe said...

The Beets and the Carrots would be so delicious roasted together! YumYumYum!

October 19, 2010 6:38 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Yes Phoebe! We DID roast them together. I will post the photo now. They were delicious.

October 19, 2010 9:07 PM

 
Anonymous Sunita said...

Garden fresh vegetables are special.It is nice to grow vegetables for our own use.

November 10, 2010 12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden