This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

lichen on gray birch

lichen on gray birch

I will be experimenting with macro photos this month for a photo contest. I often look into contests, but have never yet entered one. Maybe this time. Its a bit of a challenge to find a good subject this time of year.



Blogger Matron said...

I found the most amazing frost pattern on my car windscreen yesterday - but didn't have my camera! grrrr!

January 18, 2010 4:50 AM

Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Go for it your photographs are great and admired by your regular readers, I am sure you will do well in the contest. Matron mention of frost reminded me that I had a frozen water stalagmite in my birdbath, how do you get a frozed upward drip?
Marian (LondonUK)

January 18, 2010 1:44 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lichens are lovely - looks very suitable for framing, like those expensive black and white photos! You definitely should enter contests!
- Daisy and Pixie in AZ, where it's raining

January 19, 2010 8:53 AM

Blogger Dan said...

Very nice, almost like a broche.

January 20, 2010 11:42 PM

Blogger JenSwan60 said...

This is gorgeous. I agree with Dan. It's jewelry for the tree.

January 22, 2010 12:08 AM

Anonymous Heather's Garden said...

Would you mind sharing the contest? I love macro photos and might be interested in entering. If you prefer to email I'm heathersgarden at live dot com.

January 24, 2010 3:00 PM

Blogger kathy said...

I will add a new post in the next day or two with the contest info and a set of the photos I and choosing between. Its a Boston Globe monthly contest. You can probably google that and find it.

The contest is to submit a photo that is interesting but hard to figure out what it is. It has to be taken this month. Final submission date is the last day of Jan 2010.

January 24, 2010 8:07 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden