This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

dahlia tubers dug

dahlia tubers

Since Daphne said it was as late as I could wait, I went out today and dug the dahlia tubers. They look good - big fat roots. They are now in a bag hanging on the hook in the basement where they always spend the winter.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous The Cheap Vegetable Gardener said...

Thanks for the reminder, I need to dig mine up too before the ground frezzes.

December 06, 2009 12:41 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Yay! - I wasn't last .

December 06, 2009 1:17 PM

 
Blogger Daphne said...

The sad thing is that I had dalias last year and never dug them up. Whoops! This year I was dahlia free. BTW some of the weathermen are saying we will get to the teens this week. Ack! I'm sure the ground will be frozen solid soon.

December 06, 2009 3:09 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Daphne I'm shocked!! About your dahlias. I'm going to ignore the weather part. The snow is pretty, but I prefer warm snow.

December 06, 2009 5:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i didn't know they were such a pain in the ass..

...mine are still out there...

December 11, 2009 8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden