This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

mail ordered garlic


Two of the garlic varieties I ordered have arrived. I'm still waiting for two more from a different company. I hope to have lots of garlic next year. I love the look of great big heads on the right.



Blogger Jenny wren's nest said...

Hi, I was just at your sight today, trying to figure out how to best plant garlic.

October 02, 2009 11:51 PM

Blogger Matron said...

I tried to get out to plant my garlic today but the ground is so dry it is like concrete! I watered it for a while and will try again tomorrow!

October 03, 2009 4:31 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Our soil is too wet!

I'd like to do some garden work tomorrow, so I hope it will dry up soon. I'd like to get the corn and tomato plots cleared out, potatoes dug and cover crop seed planted.

October 03, 2009 9:59 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden