Saturday, October 15, 2016

today's garden work

We haven't had a frost yet in my backyard garden, though many locations around us have frosted. Today I got a lot done:

- picked a big pile of beans, then pulled up and composted a row that is finished
- picked the last of my green tomatoes and peppers - we tried to pick them all a couple days ago when a frost threatened, but seems we didn't get all of them in the dark with our flashlights
- harvested a watermelon, zucchinis, one tiny cucumber, and a couple small eggplants
- thinned four rows of carrots (we'll have baby carrots for dinner tomorrow) and a couple of bulb fennel
- pulled up gourd and watermelon vines - into the compost bin
- not really garden work, but we roasted, peeled, and froze many chili peppers - also started drying down many small hot chilis - the garage smells quite pungent from the chilis in my dehydrator

Tomorrow: I'll plant garlic at my community plot.

No comments: