Wednesday, October 12, 2016

the Topsfield fair - giant pumpkin!

topfield fair IMG_8579
topfield fair IMG_8596 topfield fair IMG_8575
topfield fair IMG_8588 topfield fair IMG_8581

topsfield fair IMG_8557

I went to the big fall fair in our area last Saturday - the Topsfield Fair. It's THE place to see displays of local produce. Especially the biggest pumpkin in the area (why do people grow these?). I walked around and enjoyed the smell of fired dough and roasted sausages. I looked at the leather and sliver jewellery sale booths. I used to go to all the rides and games booths, but skipped them this year. Already big crowds, even early in the morning.

Best, I went to the vegetable and honey displays. I've gone here yearly for the last 20 or 30 years (maybe more?) and love these. I liked the white patty pan squash, the warted pumpkins, the big garlic heads, and the beautiful jars of honey. I waited in line to photograph the giant pumpkin. OMG - 2,075.5 lbs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love honey!

Katherine~FurnishMyWay said...

2,075.5 lbs?! That's crazy! Thanks for sharing that cool photo of that gigantic pumpkin.