Wednesday, February 11, 2015

winter birds in Florida

I went to visit my parents in southern Florida (Naples area) last week. Talk about a great time to get a break from New England! It was sunny the whole time, 70's, and no snow! Fortunately I was able to get into and out of Logan between storms with out delays. I was lucky. Anyway, here are the birds I saw down there.

semipalmated sandpiper IMG_1606awillet IMG_1624a wilson's petrel IMG_1614aherring gull IMG_1588a roseate spoonbill IMG_1721bwood stork IMG_1689a white pelican IMG_1734byellow rump warbler IMG_1730bpalm warbler IMG_1738bgreat egret IMG_1682b red shouldered hawk and perrigrine falcon IMG_1654a - Copyperrigrine falcon with laughing gull prey MG_1652a white ibis IMG_1665aanhinga IMG_1679a pie-billed grebe IMG_1728bgreen heron IMG_1709a

3 comments:

Marian (LondonUK) said...

Ahhh Naples! I can't remember the name of the little running bird top left? When we are lucky enough to go there in the Autumn, we like to walk the beach at first light, these wonderful birds run along in front of you frantically pecking at the lovely multi coloured clam shells. Thanks Kathy, a lovely photographic visit for me!
Marian(LondonUK)

Unknown said...

I wish I could spend a few days in Florida too. I am so tired of the cold weather and so looking forward to see the garden growing again this year. These are beautiful bird pictures.

Anonymous said...

wow, such amazing shots!!