Thursday, January 01, 2009

happy new year!

skippy rests
sleeping skippy skippy on the floor

It looks like Skippy's resolution this year is to catch up on his sleep!

Well, he had a big night out. Skippy was a lucky puppy to be invited out to party on New Year's Eve, but then (like many of us) he's paying for it the next day. Oh well...

We spent the last hours of the year with family friends - adults chatted and enjoyed beverages and snacks upstairs, downstairs kids played Wii mostly, and Skippy and his girlfriend Bella (a lovely black standard poodle) went up and down and bit each others' ears. We almost missed midnight - but we did catch it in time and gathered together to count down, cheer and bark. Yippee! Welcome 2009! We're hoping for a better year.
posts about Skippy

5 comments:

Bren Haas said...

What a wonderful blog entry that sums up New Years Day! I am sure you are looking forward to this years planting season as much as I am.
Happy New Year Dear friend - Your blog is one of my favorites on my bookmark.

From my Garden in the Midwest!

kathy said...

Thanks Bren.

I spent hours today figuring out my seed potato order. (Fedco) I'll post about this tomorrow I hope. I've never ordered seed potatoes before.

Definitely looking forward to planting!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and Skippy :-) Sounds like a great start to 2009. I love reading your blog and learning all I can... can't wait to read about your seed potatoes!

Chiot's Run said...

Looks like Skippy has the same resolution as our Chiots. She also was invited to New Years and had a blast with her boyfriend (a Jack Russell named Ollie).

Unknown said...

I wish I could be Skippy. Happy New Year!!